Tuesday, June 10, 2008

161/366: chucks

161/366: chucks

Some things never go out of style. That's what I like about canvas Chucks. They've been around for ages and while there have been a few variations, like this year's "thigh high" style, the basic Chuck has changed little. I'm far from being a purist, though. I like that they're made in various colors and patterns.

What I don't like much has been the increasing prices I've had to pay for them over the years. True, everything changes with the times and the prices of things change with the economy. It's just that I hesitate every time I want to get a new pair because I'll remember paying less than $10 a pair when I was a teenager, a little more than 30 years ago. Now, the basic ones like mine run around $41.00.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites