Thursday, May 29, 2008

150/366: one of those times

150/366:  one of those times

I found out that a big grant evaded me once again. Rejection is a given in the arts, but this is one that comes around every four years for painting and this is the third time I've attempted to get one. Plus, $60,000 is nothing to sneeze at. Of course, technically, it's money that I'm not losing since I never had it in the first place. Then again, it would have made a HUGE difference.

Even though I'm used to the process and possibiliy of not being chosen, I still wonder what I could have done differently to get my application to the final stage: where my essays and work samples not strong enough? Was there something missing on my art resumé? and so on...

Anyway, onward...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites