Saturday, May 3, 2008

124/366: dusting up yesterday

124/366: dusting up yesterday

Ah, spring cleaning day! It's actually an on-going process in our small cozy home, but we wanted to be adults and actually dedicate a whole day around straightening up together. Lots of much-needed purging ensued (thank goodness!).

As usual, along the way, I had to move things around, including my old journals, from one place to another. I took a trip down memory lane for a few minutes and kept going. I like catching up on the past, especially events and people that I haven't thought about in years. It's amazing how much you can forget or just throw into the farthest reaches of your mind.

Those places get quite dusty and in need of care every once in a while, too. I don't like to dwell on yesterday too much, but I've found it useful to have a present day perspective on my past. It's interesting to see what kinds of ideas I had adopted growing up that have contributed to who I am now and flashes of other things that I discarded.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites