Friday, March 21, 2008

81/366: ready

81/366: ready

I've been mistaken for a bike messenger a few times. Mostly when I've been dressed in my studio clothes and have my big blue bag on, like here.

Once, a couple of summers ago, I was leaving Borders Bookstore at Broad & Chestnut when an older man in an equally old suit approached me. He asked me if I was a messenger and seemed really disappointed when I said no. Another time, a bus driver asked me what company I rode for. Don't know what that was about. There were a couple of other times, but I don't remember the particulars.

I wouldn't make a good mesenger anyway, since I stop at red lights and don't like riding between lanes of moving traffic. I have my moments of taking risks in traffic but generally, I opt for safer riding.

My wife said that it was a good thing that she was already in love with me by the time she saw me dressed like this :D

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites