Thursday, January 17, 2008

17/366: grays

17/366: greys

My chin is the only place where there is a concentration of gray hairs. I'm usually pretty clean shaven except when I'm off from work. There are a few greys here and there on my head, but that's about it at the moment. I think I was about 35 when they started appearing.

Earlier today, I thought back to when I was a teenager anxiously looking for some outward sign that I was growing up. I focused most of my efforts on whatever facial hair I could find. Every dark wisp of hair I found was cause for self-contained excitement in front of the bathroom mirror.

When the grays started appearing, I laughed and thought, "This is just too weird". I hadn't given it much thought before, but I'd made it to the point of getting my first gray hairs and the beginning of another stage in my life.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites